Thursday, October 25, 2007

Please pray

Ok this is a hard email for me to write. This is about my uncle. As I wrote about my grandfather a while ago, I will now do so for him. Below is a email my aunt sent this morning. As she states Butch is a private person so I knew very little about this until now.
My uncle Butch took care of all his brothers and sisters while Mamwa worked and Papaw tried to forget the war. Thier lives were not easy. When he was young he lied about his age and joined the Army. He went all over the world. He once told me I just followed around in his footsteps. ( I am his favorite ) He never held back when he felt he had to tell me something bad but he said it with a smile and a chuckle. Out of all my mother's siblings she speaks the highest of him.
Also in 2004 my husband lost his father to a rare and ugly cancer. It was hard on all of us. I felt disconnected and a little lonely because my blood is not around me. When you go threw something like that, you are reminded how much family really means. Hubby knew I was home sick without me ever saying so. So he called home, Kentucky, and said if anyone could come here, it would help me. Butch and Joyce came along with my Grandmother, my auntie Martha, Cousins Jill and Michael. Butch, Joyce, and Martha stayed in our basement which was not finished yet.
We toured the state in a world wind. They came here in the late spring when it should be warm. It was so cold. I had to keep apologizing and reassuring them it would get warm. The wind blew and blew. Butch made the observation that all the trees where growing in a row, and he asked what that was about. My hubby explained it was a wind break and how it hold the snows ect. Butch stood there listening. The had a look on his face that said he already knew what they where for. He laughed when "hubby" was done and said "Well I've got a newsflash for you, it ain't working". He even said he might not be visiting us again.
The trip went much to fast for me. I loved seeing the most popular site for the 1st time with my family. Just sitting in my house knowing there where there was a great comfort. Being a military brat that had never happened to me before. I don't know many "extended" families that drop everything and come running half way across the US when you need them. Especially when you didn't know how much you needed them. Mine did.
I have to say I thought this is hubby's father and I have to be strong for him. I have to help him with this loss. I know it hurt me in a way I can't explain. So hubby was right, I needed my family. When I saw my family I was most shocked to see my Grandmother and Butch. I was THRILLED to see them! (This takes nothing away from you Auntie Martha. I love you too)

My heart is breaking knowing Butch is sick. I ask that you pray for this man who is so dear to me. He is strong, brave, and has one heck of a good sense of humor.
I also ask you pray for our family as a whole. This year has been hard on all of us. More so for the people in Kentucky. There are many more medical issues that need God's help. But I need focus on Butch, please. Right before they all left, Butch said he would come back. I would like to see that, with God's help.
Thank you Lisa


Thank you all for your prayers and lifting Butch's name up to God. Please continue to do so. He has an appointment with a doctor from University of Kentucky this morning. He received bad news yesterday. The Test Tuesday confirmed it is an aneurysm it is deep in his brain and it is ballooned and elongated. That's the good part if it wasn't elongated it would have ruptured already. This is an inoperable aneurysm. The doctor from Uof K was an instruction at UK he has gone into private practice and he has moved to ---------- and ---------. He has a friend Dr E----- at --------. He knows all the newest techniques ( I guess that is the correct terminology) and he maybe able to do something for Butch.. God answering our prayers there.. He was told to be very careful, not to get excited or stressed etc.. He still does not want Mom and dad to know how serious this is.. until he knows something for sure.They do know he has an aneurysm and he is going to another doctor today. He is not handling this well and isn't talking much about it.. As I am not either.. Please lift his family up in prayer. His wife name is Joyce, She has taken work off this week to go with him She is a good person, wonderful wife and mother.. and a great sister in law. They have sons -------, ---- and ---- and families I will let you now what the doctor says today as soon as I know.. GOD is a great Martha

No comments: